Are you ready to increase energy? Do you experience the late afternoon fatigue? Then, grab for a cup of coffee or sugar-pick-me-up to get you by? Well, it is time to consider some alternatives that will not only give you instant energy, but also SUSTAINED ENERGY!! Here is my list of 5 Superfoods that are easy and important to incorporate into your diet.
So, what are SUPERFOODs?
They are the most potent and nutrient-rich foods on the planet. Superfoods have SUPER POWER! Adding them to your diet can increase your energy, improve your overall health, boost your immune system, elevate serotonin production, and cleanse your body. I have personally found that adding these 5 Superfoods increases my energy, mental clarity, and focus. For real ya’ll!
- Great for post-workout recovery as it consists of 65% concentrated protein and contains all eight amino acids
- Helps lower your risk of stroke and cancer
- Keeps your blood pressure and cholesterol levels in normal range
- Provides relief from allergic rhinitis symptoms
- Fights candida infection
- Supports the growth of good bacteria in your gut
- Contains the same amount of iron you would get from red meat
- Rich in Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, K, and E
2. RAW CACAO
- High in an antioxidant compound called, Falvenoid, which supports your body in decreasing inflammation and destroying free radicals, which accelerate the aging process
- Helps to lower oxidative stress of strenuous activities, thus also is great to consume post-workout
- Contains the highest levels of magnesium than any other food source on the planet
- High levels of chromium, B vitamins and antioxidants
- Contains Heart Healthy Fat – Oleic Acid a Monounsaturated Fat
- Assists in Metabolism, Fat-burning, and brain function
- Coconut oil contains an average of 60% MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride). This type of fat is like rocket fuel for the brain and body.
- GOOD FAT : Naturally contains an average of 60% MCT (Medium Chain Triglyceride), which is able to bypass most of the digestion process, thus can be quickly used for fuel by the brain and body
- Aids digestion and increases the absorption of other nutrients by, basically, working to shuttle them through the body
- Antimicrobial properties and may be beneficial against infections
- Because of high fat quantity, helps to satiate hunger and support steady blood sugar levels
4. GOJI BERRIES
- Boost the immune system and can help reduce tough cold symptoms
- Richest source of carotenoids, believed to decrease the risk of disease, specifically certain cancers and eye disease, of all known foods
- High in antioxidants, minerals, and contains 18 amino acids
- 500 times more vitamin C per ounce than oranges
- Promote healthy glowing skin due as they are loaded with beta-carotene
- Rich source of monounsaturated fat that your body can easily burn for energy
- 20 essential health-boosting nutrients, including potassium, vitamin E, B vitamins, and folic acid.
- Reducing excess cholesterol and inflammation
- Combat cancer cells
- Protect your liver
- Similar to coconut oil, avocados help your body absorb fat-soluble nutrients from other foods
Motivated, Encouraged, Determined to incorporate these Superfoods into your diet?!? I sure hope so. Here are some easy steps to make them a part of your everyday eating plan/diet:
Trail Mix: Typically, I make my own trail mix at home. This way, I can include exactly what I want in there. I suggest mixing Cacao Nibs (I usually buy Nativas Nibs), Goji Berries, Unsweetened Coconut Flakes, Almonds, Cashews, Macadamia Nuts, and Mulberries. This is a DELICIOUS mix and will satisfy any sweet tooth or give you the fuel you need on a long day’s hike, or have stashed ready in the car for those days you find yourself running endless errands without proper fuel.
Morning Smoothie: I LOVE my morning shake. The GREENs power me through my morning. Most mornings, I will start my day with a Purium Power Shake and Scoop of Greens (contains Spirulina & WheatGrass) added in and Coconut Oil with my coffee. But for a morning where you have a bit more time and are looking for something yummy, satisfying, that will boost your energy, I suggest the following:
- Cacao Nibs (or powder)
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut/Almond/Hemp Milk &/ Water
- Banana (if you are wanting added sweetness)
- Greens: add Kale, Romaine, Beet Greens. I tend to use Purium’s Scoop of Greens because I always have it on hand and being that it is dehydrated and in powder form, makes it super simple to add to smoothies. You can also find a wide-variety of ‘Green’ powders at Whole Foods that contain Spirulina.
- Goji Berries (soak them overnight so they will more easily blend)
I don’t mention above, but if possible, always get the Organic version of these Superfoods 😉
As always, I LOVE to hear from you. Let me know what you think of my SUPERFOOD list. Will you be adding any into your diet? What foods power you through your day that you never go without? Please leave a comment below or over at my Facebook page at Facebook.com/WishallWellness.